In forty minutes, the Great Writers Inspire Engage Event kicks off, and we’re excited. The next two days will be about really engaging with great writers: we’ll talk about how you identify a great writer or great text and our favourite writers.
But we’ll also try to find out how one uses or teaches the works of great writers once they’ve been identified. We’re hoping we’ll learn as much as we teach in these sessions: How should we present material? How do you build collections around a specific writer? How do you engage students with writers and literature? And how do you use the myriad of resources available online to learn and teach about great writers?
Even if you can’t make it to the Engage Event, we’d love to hear your thoughts:
- Who is your great writer, and why?
- What do you think of the Great Writers Inspire website?
- How would you use the website?
- How do you inspire your students?
- What are the challenges in teaching literature?
We’ll also be blogging live from the event, so watch this space!